Dreams are fascinating and mysterious experiences that remain one of the greatest unanswered questions. What do they mean?
Dreams are a common trait of the sleep experience, yet we know so little about them.
So we’re taking it back to basics with a few facts about dreams. Did you know…
- 95% of dreams are forgotten about within the first 5 minutes of waking up
- Before sleeping, 90% of your mind begins to imagine things you would like to happen
- When you’re snoring, you’re not dreaming (who knew?)
- Only 12% of people dream in black and white
Having researched dreams a lot at Drift, we know that dreams can reflect stresses of our daily lives. Whatever’s keeping you up at night worrying will be likely to make its way into your dream in some manner.
So how can you dream better?
- Keep a dream journal. This can help you keep track of any changes or recurring patterns in your dreams and sleep cycle
- Be aware of your room temperature – it should be between 16-20 degrees to help you drift off to the land of nod
- Follow a relaxing routine. A pre-slumber wind down including yoga or meditation can encourage a soothing mood
- Practice lucid dreaming. This is the ability to be self-aware when you dream (a technique that helps you control your dreams). Amazing!
Follow these tips and you’ll be having better dreams in no time… and even better Zzz’s. Sweet dreams from Drift!
Sleep well, live well.